Header Ads Widget

Hong Sang-soo's New Film 'Nowhere to Lay My Eyes' Starring Kim Min-hee Sets October Release Date

 Hong Sang-soo’s latest feature is heading to domestic theaters next month. Production company Jeonwonsa Film released the main poster and trailer on September 11, confirming an official South Korean release date of October 21 for Nowhere to Lay My Eyes.

The film follows Sang-hee (Kim Min-hee), a daughter from a divorced family who travels to Jeju Island to search for her mother, whom she last saw a decade ago.

Marking Hong’s 35th feature film, the project stars Kim Min-hee alongside Kwon Hae-hyo, Shin Seok-ho, and Park Mi-so. Veteran actress Choi Myung-gil also joins the ensemble, marking her very first collaboration with the director. Beyond her leading role, Kim took on double duty by serving as the film's production director.

Triumphant Festival Debut and International Honors

Nowhere to Lay My Eyes made its international debut at the 79th Locarno Film Festival. The feature scored major accolades, including Best Director for Hong, Best Performance for Kim, and the Ecumenical Jury Prize.

The festival marked Kim’s first official public appearance after giving birth. She spoke openly about balancing motherhood with her on-set responsibilities during production.

"While we were shooting, I had to nurse and prepare baby food at the same time," Kim shared during the festival. "I think that grounded energy naturally poured into my performance as Sang-hee. The joy I felt in those busy daily moments reflected on screen."

A Deep Partnership On and Off Screen

Accepting her acting award in Locarno, Kim expressed her gratitude to the director. "Thank you for creating a film as beautiful as a poem," she said. "It is a movie I know I will return to whenever life feels heavy or suffocating."

Hong handled nearly every key technical aspect of the film himself, including writing, directing, cinematography, editing, and music score composition.

Nowhere to Lay My Eyes opens in Korean theaters on October 21.

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2347825

Post a Comment

0 Comments