Kim Shin-young Pauses Radio Hosting Duties After 14 Years
Comedian Kim Shin-young will step away temporarily from her longtime role as host of a popular radio show.
During the August 31 broadcast of MBC FM4U's Kim Shin-young's Noon Song of Hope (hereafter Noon Song of Hope), the entertainer shared her decision directly with listeners. "I will be leaving my spot for three months," she announced.
This hiatus marks her first extended break since taking the helm 14 years ago. Reflecting on her time on air, she noted, "I started at age 30 and have been here for 14 years. It made me reflect on how to structure and build the next phase of my life."
Focusing on Business Operations and Self-Care
The decision stems from her desire to properly manage new professional ventures. "I established my own agency, but I found myself unable to keep up with basic meeting schedules," she explained regarding her choice. "That is why I came to this definitive resolution."
While stepping back from daily broadcasting duties, the host emphasized her intention to return. "Although I do not have health issues, I will take time to check on my well-being," she reassured fans. "I will solidify my company, reset myself, and return."
Noon Song of Hope stands as one of Korea's longest-running radio broadcasts, having aired continuously for 55 years since launching in 1971. The comedian has served as its primary host since a major programming refresh in 2012. In Korean broadcasting, daily live radio hosts often face exceptionally rigorous schedules, making planned hiatuses a necessary step for career longevity and personal management.
https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2347231
0 Comments
This space aims to broaden the debate on the subject addressed in the news, democratically and respectfully. Comments that violate laws and ethical and moral principles or that promote illegal or criminal activities will not be accepted. Therefore, slanderous, defamatory, prejudiced, offensive, aggressive comments, those that use foul language, incite violence, express hate speech or contain links will be summarily deleted.