The story highlights young professionals navigating the high-pressure demands of modern careers. It captures their daily anxiety, workplace conflicts, and personal relationships with striking authenticity. Standing alongside them is a silver intern whose life experience offers unexpected guidance. Despite the generation gap, the team forms a genuine bond inside the office walls, delivering a story filled with subtle comfort and emotional resonance.
Director Kim Do-young shared his vision during a press conference on September 4 at CGV Yongsan Ipark Mall in Seoul, joined by lead cast members Choi Min-sik, Han So-hee, Kim Jun-han, and Ryu Hye-young.
"I wanted to create characters that felt more grounded in real life than the original," Director Kim explained. "While the core narrative remains intact, the execution is distinct. We focused heavily on how Gen Z employees and the older generation build a meaningful friendship."
A Silver Intern Meets a High-Powered Fashion CEO
The office comedy follows Kim Gi-ho (Choi Min-sik), a veteran with 37 years of career experience who enters the fashion industry as a senior intern. He joins a rising powerhouse fashion brand led by young, intense CEO Lee Sun-woo (Han So-hee).Gi-ho initially struggles to gain acceptance in an office dominated by younger workers. However, his decades of practical wisdom slowly earn the trust of his colleagues. The Korean adaptation adds local flavor to his character, showing him learning modern slang from Gen Z coworkers and offering thoughtful dating advice.
"Rather than trying to beat the original, I focused on bringing our own distinct identity to life," Choi said. "I constantly thought about what kind of mentor the younger generation actually wants today. I realized it is someone who continuously reflects on themselves and tries to be a better person."
Han So-hee plays Lee Sun-woo, the driven founder of fashion brand 'Woo22,' which hit 10 billion won in sales just three years after launch. While passionate and deeply responsible, Sun-woo’s perfectionism masks growing internal anxieties.
This version gives Sun-woo a more complex backstory. She faces a power struggle with her ambitious vice president alongside personal strain at home.
"Because the original film was so popular, I felt a lot of pressure at first," Han admitted. "But that faded during filming. I trusted the unique spin we brought to these characters. At its core, this is a story about human connections."
Fresh Characters and Modern Workplace Realities
Kim Jun-han joins the cast as Koo Young-hwan, the vice president of Woo22. While supporting Sun-woo on the surface, he quietly harbors plans to execute an exit strategy from the company.As a character created specifically for this remake, Kim focused on balancing corporate tension with personal dynamic. "I concentrated on being someone who acts as Sun-woo's closest colleague while driving her personal growth," he noted. "I wanted to portray the dual nature of someone who leaves good memories behind while representing the past she needs to move beyond."
Ryu Hye-young plays Choi Min-ah, the head of management support who manages both Sun-woo's schedule and the new intern. Representing today's younger workforce, her character relies heavily on modern tech to survive her workload.
"I tapped into the emotions I felt when I first entered the workforce in my twenties," Ryu shared. "To get into character, I even paid for a premium AI subscription to have deep conversations and prepare for the role."
Unforgettable Scenes and Team Synergies
During the conference, the cast shared their favorite moments from production. Choi praised Han's emotional range in a scene where Sun-woo confides her deepest worries to Gi-ho, noting how she held her emotional line effortlessly through a long monologue.Han highlighted a frame near the end where Gi-ho looks back at the Woo22 office building. "It was the most moving moment for me," she said. "That specific visual felt entirely unique to our version." She also pointed to a chaotic scene where the team throws a undercover DJ party at their flagship store to save the company from a crisis, calling it a highlight of their real-life teamwork.
"Since this is an office story, I hope it comes to mind during daily commutes," Han added. "I want it to provide a warm sense of motivation for everyone on their way to work."
https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2347426

0 Comments
This space aims to broaden the debate on the subject addressed in the news, democratically and respectfully. Comments that violate laws and ethical and moral principles or that promote illegal or criminal activities will not be accepted. Therefore, slanderous, defamatory, prejudiced, offensive, aggressive comments, those that use foul language, incite violence, express hate speech or contain links will be summarily deleted.